Thursday, March 20, 2008

From Danielle.....

Sken^:kwo,
Greeting to all and I hope this email finds everyone in good health and good spirits. I am writing because I would like to take this opportunity to express how grateful my children and I are for everyone's support during this hard winter.

Since my daughter Clairese's car accident, my children and I have had a very hard time surviving. Although I have done a lot of beadwork, being without a vehicle it has been hard to get around even to sell my beading. I am truly grateful to all those, including some family members who have helped my children and I during this hard time in our lives.

I have been doing odd jobs cleaning houses and any other various activities that has allowed me to be able to take care of my children. Clairese started back to school in January of this year and is still catching up on all the school work that she missed due to her accident. Clairese does have further surgeries this upcoming summer and we are truly grateful she is still with us.

My youngest daughter Jolene was just accepted into the Junior National Honor Society and tonite, March 19th, at 7:pm she will be attending the induction ceremony at the Laffayette High School. Her siblings and I are very proud of her. Jolene also works on the Onondaga Nation School newspaper and has started to continue her work with "Indigenous Youth Wellness through Writing" program she started in 2005.

My son Preston will be graduating this year and is looking forward to going to college, again I am very proud of my children.

Anyhow, I wanted to let everyone, including my family, that we appreciate all the prayers and support. I wanted to also give thanks to people who have circulated the need of assistance for my children and I. I am grateful to have received a few beadwork orders along with the request for assistance.

Compassion is the base of the Great Law of Peace and that of the natural world, and again I am grateful and wanted to let people know we hold all those who help my children and I in our prayers.

May the creator watch over, guide and protect all those who walk the good road with compassion and love in their hearts.
Sken:non (Peace)
Danielle Schenandoah