Thursday, November 29, 2007

Update From Danielle

Sken^:kwo, greetings all,

I wanted to give a quick update and express my appreciation to all those who have learned of the current situation my family is faced with.

First, I would like to say Ny’wen (thank you) for all the prayers sent out for my daughter Clairese. I am very grateful she is still with us and healing. Clairese underwent another surgery on November 3rd 2007 at University Hospital in Syracuse NY. She has recovered nicely from that surgery. She has future surgeries and is working hard to get back to her old self again. She is still home bound but doing well with her speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy three times a week. She is missing her social life and school. She is on the National Honor Society student and has been on the high honor rolls for many years.

My other two children Preston and Jolene are both doing well in school and they have been a huge help to their sister Clairese. We are all eager to celebrate Clairese’s 15 birthday this coming New Years Eve.

Clairese will not be released by her doctor until Feb. 2008. We are in hopes she will be able to return to school at that time. I am truly grateful for those who have donated and we are still struggling financially. The cost of gasoline is high and we have to pay for parking at each appointment and each therapy session each week.

Winter is upon us and I have been doing bead work. The only problem is I am usually able to sell my beading during the summer months. If anyone would like to contact me via mail or email, please feel free to contact us.

Again, I would like to say Ny’wen to all those who have helped and those who forward this information, as her path of healing is a lengthily process we have to endure. I will give another update as soon as possible and we are remaining strong through this rough time in our lives. We send you all good thoughts and prayers to you and your families.

Sken:non (peace)

Danielle Schenandoah-Patterson
PO BOX 114
Nedrow, NY 13120
Email: kahnahiyo@yahoo.com